Conference Room Tools
NUchat offers an extensive array of tools for conference management.
Depending upon the level of management allowed to each user, a different
list of tools will be available.
At TTR, our basic private room managers have access to the following tools:
Each allows the user to manipulate their environment according to their
Conference Room Cleanup
This form will delete all postings from the room. Once the postings are
deleted, they cannot be retrieved.
This appearance management page gives the conference managers access to the
form that allows them to determine how the room is presented. The options
- Background Color
- This is used to change the background color of the room. When a
background image is used, this only affects the text box and the color
- Text Color
- This is used to set the default color for text in the room. Tags
such as the <FONT> tag may override the default color.
- Link Color
- This is used to select the color of hot links that have not been
followed. Once followed, the link changes to the Visited Link Color.
- Visited Link Color
- This defines the color in which previously followed links will be
- Background Image
- If a URL is specified here, the image will be tiled accross the page as
the backgound. The URL should be of the form
- The message will be displayed at the top of the room, immediately
following any system message that might exist. This text may contain
any valid HTML text. Note: Be sure to check your messages out and
close your tags properly if there is embedded HTML in the message.
The configuration control area give access to feature such as:
- List of conference managers
- This is a list of Subscriber IDs that are allowed to perform management
- Management password
- This password is needed to modify a conference room using the
management tools. In addition, the Subscriber ID must be listed
as a conference room manager, in this way only a current manager can add
a new manager to the list.
- Entry password
- This password is needed to enter a conference room that is password
- Anonimity Setting
- When anonimity is enabled only the handle and date will be displayed for
each posting. If anonimity is disabled, the system that the poster is using
will be displayed immediately following the handle.
- Reply option
- When enabled, the Reply button will be displayed for each posting.
This option is used to help track of conversation threads.
- Blocking option
- When enabled, the Block button will be displayed for each posting.
This option allows users to eliminate postings from other subscribers
that the view does not wish to see.
- HTML option
- When enabled, this option allows the inclusion of HTML tags in the
text of postings. When this is disabled, < and > appear as [ and ],
- Handle and Date positioning
- When enabled, this option will center the posting header (handle/system
and date) at the top of the posting. If this option is disabled, the
header will appear on the left edge of the posting.
- Quick HTML option
- When enabled, this option will display the Quick HTML buttons below
the text box. The buttons allow the posting to be colored and emphasized
in different ways. This option can be used with or without the HTML option
- Auto Refresh option
- When enabled, this option will display the Auto Refresh buttons
on the conference page.
Other control options are available upon request.
S.P.A.M. Access Controls
These forms allow the owner or manager of a S.P.A.M
conference room the ability to grant or remove access to their room.
Although multiple access privileges may be associated with any given room,
only one setting needs to be given to grant access.